Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Purchase All Seasons of CSI on DVD



I'll be the first to admit that I watch entirely too much television. I know the cool thing to do these days is to pretend you're above doing something as mundane as watching the "boob tube" on a nightly basis, but whatever. I see no harm in unwinding in front of the TV after a long day of work. I especially love the police procedural genre and watch just about every show that falls into this category. And if I can't find anything good on a particular night, then I settle for an episode or two of CSI on DVD.

Crime Scene Investigation -- the original version based in Las Vegas -- has been one of the top-rated prime time programs ever since it premiered way back in 2000. The show was an immediate hit mostly because it afforded viewers an inside look at how forensic science is used to capture criminals. The premise seems a bit tired now, mostly because there have been so many spin-offs and copycats over the years, but the original definitely broke some new ground back in the day. Now thanks to being able to buy CSI on DVD, it's easy to relive all the best moments from previous seasons.

I've been buying CSI on DVD after each season airs. The DVDs are usually released a few months after the current season ends, and then I have to wait a few more months before the set goes on sale. This puts my purchases right around the holidays, which is nice timing because then I can at least justify spending the money! But for those of you looking to buy CSI on DVD right now, there are plenty of options that don't require any waiting at all.

First, if you don't mind watching used DVDs, you might want to consider going that route. Used versions of CSI on DVD are in perfect viewing condition and often cost a fraction of the original retail price. Most people treat their DVDs properly, and simply want to trade in the stuff they've already watched in order to get new box sets or clear off shelf space. This gives others the opportunity to score amazing deals on gently used products. I've done this a couple of times myself. Hey, when you can get an entire season of CSI on DVD for five bucks, what's not to like?

Another option is to purchase CSI on DVD from discount online superstores like Amazon or Buy.com. These places almost always have sales going on, so you won't have to pay full price. Alternatively, you can try bidding on one of the many eBay auctions that always spring up. That gives you a chance for a really great deal on either brand-new or used DVDs, and you can often get more than one season from the same seller for a very low price.

To be perfectly honest, although I still love the show, I do get a hankering for the original cast in their old roles from time to time. The later seasons are worth watching, but I'm very thankful to have CSI on DVD so I can remember what made this a groundbreaking show in the first place!