Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Deep Tissue Massage Really Works



I was fortunate enough in my younger years to date a massage therapist, and used to get a free deep tissue massage once a week. I had always been fairly healthy and felt pretty good most of the time, but I had no idea about how much better I could feel by getting that kind of a massage.

When my girlfriend first approached me about the idea of a massage, I was a bit skeptical, because I had never really been into that sort of thing, and I really didn't feel any aches or pains. She said that I should just try it and see how I felt, so I did, and I did feel pretty good afterwards.

She then suggested a deep tissue massage to really work out some kinks, and because I had felt better after the first massage and because she seemed so convinced that it would really help, I went ahead and went through with it. It was quite the experience.

When she first started, a have to admit that I felt a bit of pain, and thought that I would end up feeling worse by the time it was over. I did not really know exactly what deep tissue massage meant at the time, but I could definitely feel the massage pretty deep.

After a few minutes, the pain went away, and I started to really relax and enjoy the massage. What impressed me the most about it is that my girlfriend could tell immediately when I had relaxed and told me she could tell that I was starting to feel the effects.

The deep tissue massage lasted for about an hour, and when I was finished, I just felt great. My body felt much more limber and flexible, and even the next day, when I first woke up and would normally feel a bit of lower back stiffness, I did not feel any sort of discomfort at all.

I started to have a deep tissue massage once a week, and I found that I felt better and more relaxed. I could also work out longer than I had been able to before, and little things that would bother me from time to time, like sore joints, had completely ceased.

I also used to have really bad leg cramps in my calves, but when I started getting the massages, I stopped having them nearly as frequently as I once did. I also noticed the severity was not nearly as intense as it used to be when I did have leg cramps.

I don't know if a deep tissue massage will have the same kind of impact on other people's lives that it had on mine, but I am glad I decided to go through with it, because the helped me in many ways.