Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

Affordable Airline Ticket Deals Do Come Along if You're Looking

Affordable Airline Ticket Deals Do Come Along if You're Looking

With rising fuel costs and a bad economy, the cost of flying is simply too prohibitive to a lot of would-be travelers, but if you keep your eyes open and wait for the right opportunity to come along, affordable airline ticket deals do present themselves.

I thought about making a trip to Baltimore this past August. It is my hometown, and I now live in Texas, so the thought of visiting a cooler environment was very appealing to me in the dog days of summer.

My aunt lives in Baltimore and told me that I could probably end up spending about $400 for a round-trip flight in August, and I was fine with that, but I decided to wait and see if any better airline ticket deals came along. A few weeks later, one did.

It was an offer that I received through Travelocity for a round trip to BWI Airport for $301, which included taxes. I would have to travel in October, which was actually fine with me because weather reports from the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area indicated that the temperatures there in August were not much cooler than they were here in Texas.

I few months later, I decided that I would like to make a trip to Las Vegas, because I had never been there and because I had always heard that it was a city you would never forget once you had visited.

I looked around for some airline ticket deals that would allow me to save some money for the slots, and sure enough, I found one for under $300, with option of adding a hotel room and rental car for not much more.

What I have come to realize is that in this troubled economy, the airlines are beginning to realize that they can't charge people the same prices they were a few years ago and still expect the same kind of business, so they are starting to cut back to get more passengers.

I have continued to research, and I've found that affordable airline ticket deals to come along on a regular basis for a variety of cities throughout the United States and around the world. You just have to keep on the lookout and be prepared to travel within a few weeks.

I make it a point to check out such deals each week and try to find new destinations to which I can travel, so I am constantly asking friends and relatives if they know anybody in Seattle, or Chicago or Boston. It is actually a lot of fun, and with airline ticket deals becoming more and more prevalent, it does not put too big of a dent in your wallet, either.