Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

There Are a Number of Fun Games to Play Online

There Are a Number of Fun Games to Play Online

Periodically, I will get bored when I'm surfing the Internet and look for something fun to do. Invariably, I find myself visiting a site that provides games that viewers can play at no charge, and I can honestly say that there are a number of fun games to play online.

One of my favorite places to go is to the Yahoo web site and play a game called Text Twist. The basic concept behind the game is that you are given a series of six letters, and have to make as many words out of those letters as possible. In order to advance to the next round, you have to find at least one word that uses all six of the letters.

I discovered this game when I was in college. I was looking for fun games to play online, and a buddy of mine pointed it out. He said that it was kind of elementary, but I decided to try it out, essentially fell in love with it, and have been playing it ever since.

Another game that I like to play online is Tetris. Tetris, of course, is the old Nintendo game where you try to fit objects of different shapes into each other as they are falling toward the ground. You have to try to create a solid line all the way across the floor for the level to collapse, and the objective is to make it to the next level without the objects reaching the top.

When I found an online version of that game, I had to actually eventually go on a video game detox of sorts, because I became so addicted to it so quickly. It was sort of like when I first started playing it in middle school, where I would play it all of the time.

Some of the most fun games to play online for me are the trivia games you can find at various sites. There is one site that has trivia quizzes on virtually every topic under the sun, and you can play according to level of difficulty, which include easy, average, moderate and difficult. If I want to really challenge myself, I will chose difficult. If I want to stroke my ego, it's easy all the way!

My friend's son will talk to me at times about fun games to play online and mentions all sorts of war and combat-type games. He showed me a web site where they actually have them divided up into different categories, like sports, shooting, strategy and adventure.

Needless to say, there are fun games to play online for virtually every age level. You just have to decide what you are looking for, and by and large, you're going to find it online.