Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Why Are Girl Fight Videos Popping Up More and More

Why Are Girl Fight Videos Popping Up More and More Often?

I was watching the news a few months ago and saw footage of a group of girls fighting each other at a local high school. I thought at first that it was just a remarkable coincidence that a person with a video recorder happened to be at the school at that exact time, until it was revealed the fight was filmed by another student.

This begs a difficult and frightening question. Why are girl fight videos popping up more and more often? It seems to me that it is a growing phenomenon, and I truly believe that we as a society should try to understand why.

It all started a few years ago when I saw a video of two girls beating up a third girl, or at least I thought it was two girls. It turned out that one of the two that were assaulting the third girl was the first girl's mother. One of the girl's friends was filming the video.

I then saw another video of a group of girls beating up another girl, and they even kicked her when she was down. The girls in the video who had committed the assault were brought to justice, but the victim was traumatized from the beating and had to leave the school she was attending because she was being harassed so much.

Girl fight videos are showing up everywhere these days, and one has to wonder why it is happening. I have heard some argue that we just live in a more violent society, and it was only a matter of time before girls started to fight the way that boys do.

Don't get me wrong; I am not for boys fighting, either, and perhaps I am a bit old-fashioned in this regard, but there is something more disturbing about watching girls fight than watching boys fight. There is just something in me that can't stand to see a woman getting hit or kicked.

I've also heard that increased participation in sports is making girls more aggressive, but that still does not explain why people are filming such fights.

I have seen girl fight videos on YouTube and other web sites, where you can actually hear other people laughing as one girl is getting beaten senseless.

Whatever the reason for the influx of girl fight videos, it is something that should be addressed, either at school by teachers and counselors or at home by parents and siblings. The world is becoming a more dangerous place, and if we are ever going to reverse that trend, we have to put an end to this type of foolishness.