Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

A Good Weightlifting Workout is Beneficial in More Ways Than

A Good Weightlifting Workout is Beneficial in More Ways Than One

When people decide to incorporate a weightlifting workout into their fitness regimen, they often do so with the mindset that they are going to get a lean and muscular physique that the opposite sex will find appealing. There is nothing wrong with that, but weightlifting workouts actually benefit you in a lot of different ways beyond an aesthetically pleasing build.

I did my first weightlifting workout when I was 14 years old, and after it was over it was difficult to move. I thought about never picking up another weight, but my friends convinced me to stick with it, and as time went by, it became easier, and I got stronger.

What I have discovered over the years is that having a weightlifting workout as part of your fitness regimen, by which I mean cardiovascular exercises, strength training and diet, is essential to preventing, or at the very least lessening, the severity of injuries.

Back pain is one of the more common problems that people seem to face, and I can honestly say that I have never had a back problem in my life. I work out the muscles in my back on a regular basis and try to practice good posture, and it is simply not an issue for me.

When I got my first writing job, I was worried about carpel tunnel syndrome with the amount of typing that I would be doing. I decided to incorporate some wrist and forearm exercises into my weightlifting workout, and I have never had any difficulties with my wrists, either.

I was also told by a doctor that if you are trying to lose weight, you should definitely make a weightlifting workout part of your exercise routine to tone up areas with loose skin and prevent your body from losing muscle while you are losing fat.

The reason a weightlifting workout is important for a lot of us guys is that being strong can impress the ladies. I remember when I was helping a girlfriend move a few years back, I picked up a chest of drawers by myself. She was quite impressed, and it made me feel really proud.

A friend of mine who used to work out regularly recently told me that he wanted to start up a weightlifting workout again because he was finding that he was actually more prone to breaking bones since he stopped. He said he had broke his leg and arm and was convinced in both cases that if he had been in better shape, that would not have happened.

I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I do know that a weightlifting workout has served me well over the years, and I just feel better about myself when I make that a part of my fitness regimen.